Residential Conveyancing Solicitor
- Employment type
- Full Time
- Stevenage, Hertfordshire
- £36,000 - £46,000
You have the amazing opportunity to join a young, future-focused and dynamic conveyancing solicitor firm, committed to radically better, client-first conveyancing. Our purpose is to lay the foundations for the life people dream of and our vision is to be the UK’s leading, one-stop platform for buying, selling, and owning a home. You will be one of our first Conveyancing Solicitors to join the team, responsible for managing your own conveyancing caseload – using our proprietary digital platform, and integral to helping deliver our ambitious growth plans.
You will help shape how we deliver our service and digital offering to current and future clients. You will also have the opportunity to collaborate with our Head of Business Development to better align us with our clients, new ways of working and future needs.
The role involves working closely with the SRO Solicitor, and managing a Paralegal team, delivering profitable growth whilst encouraging empathetic, client-centric thinking.
• Managing full caseload of freehold and leasehold purchases and sales, transfers of equity and new build property purchases as well as some re-mortgages and equity work, as well as a variety of services within the buy to let market, depending on experience
• Establishing and managing long-term relationships with estate agents, developers, IF’s, etc.
• Encourage open and honest culture with high end quality work (with no aggressive billing targets)
• Contribution towards the future development of team and company; helping identify business opportunity and new ways of working to better align with client needs.
• Reports to: SRO Solicitor
• Direct reports: Paralegal Team
The ideal candidate:
Our employees are talented people, striving for a better way of doing things, enabling clients to make confident decisions, safeguarding client interests and challenging the old order. They embrace team working and share a passion for client service. You will be able to demonstrate a similar supportive, progressive and ambitious ethos with the following experience and skills:
• A minimum of 2 years’ PQE
• Undertaking all aspects of residential conveyancing and property work, managing a conveyancing transaction from start to finish, under supervision
• The ability to work independently and as part of a team
• Strong focus on quality client experience
• Solid IT skills
• A natural flair for being organised, hardworking and motivated
• Confident, professional, and friendly written and oral communication.
What we offer:
• An attractive, modern office based in a Stevenage, with car-parking and only 8 minutes’ walk from the railway station, but also with opportunity for a mix of remote working and flexitime for great work/life balance
• 25 days holiday entitlement (plus bank holiday), increasing to 27 days after 2 years, and 30 days after 5 years
• Pension contribution matching 4%
• A pot for personal training and development
• Healthcare package
• Your choice of annual National Trust pass or professional cleaning service to tidy your home every fortnight
• £100 to choose items for the office to help shape into an environment you’ll love working in, including £25 for a new house plant
• We take well-being, mental health and equality seriously: member of Mindful Employer and The Living Wage Foundation; and regular well-being days, including a volunteering day off to use for good causes
• Opportunity to be part of a fast-growing, purpose-driven brand, with big growth plans.
Our behaviour and values:
How we work is just as important as the success we achieve at Brevis. During your time with us, you will be expected to treasure, protect, and embody our behaviours and values:
• Empower people
• Protect our clients
• Challenge the old order
• Emotionally invest
This is an incredible opportunity for an entrepreneurial conveyancing solicitor to join a purpose-led company, and growing team poised for growth, to gain experience, and for career progression. If you can demonstrate that you also live these values, we would love to hear from you.
We place emphasis on ethics and people and it is important to us that you strongly identify with these and you are able to develop the company ethos.
We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are passionate about creating an inclusive environment in which all employees can thrive.
If you need any further assistance with your application, or require the application form in a different format, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Please apply with both a CV and covering letter to email@example.com