Residential Conveyancing Paralegal
- Employment type
- Full Time
- Stevenage, Hertfordshire
- £22,500 - £27,500
You have the amazing opportunity to join a young, future-focused and dynamic conveyancing solicitor firm, committed to radically better, client-first conveyancing. Our purpose is to lay the foundations for the life people dream of and our vision is to be the UK’s leading, one-stop platform for buying, selling, and owning a home. You will be one of our first Paralegals to join the team, responsible for working alongside a qualified Residential Conveyancing Solicitor, with a view to manage your own caseload.
You will help shape how we deliver our service and digital offering to current and future clients. You will also have the opportunity to report to a Senior Solicitor, who collaborates with our Head of Business Development to better align us with our clients, new ways of working and future needs.
The role involves working closely with the Senior Solicitor, liaising with clients and estate agents, and you will be encouraged to build your own professional relationships. It is a role that will offer autonomy and support in good measure.
• Supporting a busy team of Solicitors, who support their clients through a mixture of residential property related transactions
• Taking ownership over a variety of tasks, including preparing contract packs, carrying out searches, dealing with SDLT forms and payments, completing applications to the Land Registry and preparation of financial statements
• Case management: opening and closing files, managing credit and debit balances, monitoring and scrutinising files and processing paperwork to timescales and deadline
• Providing excellent service to clients, estate agents, lenders and other Solicitors, aligned with our client-first approach and values
• Proactively and empathetically supporting clients through the process, complemented by our efficient digital process
• Providing general administrative support to Residential Property Team
• Reports to: Senior Solicitor, Residential Property
• Direct reports: None
The ideal candidate:
Our employees are talented people, striving for a better way of doing things, enabling clients to make confident decisions, safeguarding client interests and challenging the old order. They embrace team working and share a passion for client service. You will be able to demonstrate a similar supportive, progressive and ambitious ethos with the following experience and skills:
• A minimum of 2 years’ experience, working within a residential conveyancing department
• The ability to manage all aspects of your workload, to tight deadlines
• The ability to work independently and as part of a team
• Strong focus on quality client experience
• Excellent IT skills
• A natural flair for being organised, hardworking and motivated
• Confident, professional, and friendly written and oral communication
• Motivated to develop your career
What we offer:
• An attractive, modern office based in a Stevenage, with car-parking and only 8 minutes’ walk from the railway station, but also with opportunity for a mix of remote working and flexitime for great work/life balance
• 25 days holiday entitlement (plus bank holiday), increasing to 27 days after 2 years, and 30 days after 5 years
• Pension contribution matching 4%
• A pot for personal training and development
• Healthcare package
• Your choice of annual National Trust pass or professional cleaning service to tidy your home every fortnight
• £100 to choose items for the office to help shape into an environment you’ll love working in, including £25 for a new house plant
• We take well-being, mental health and equality seriously: member of Mindful Employer and The Living Wage Foundation; and regular well-being days, including a volunteering day off to use for good causes
• Opportunity to be part of a fast-growing, purpose-driven brand, with big growth plans.
Our behaviour and values:
How we work is just as important as the success we achieve at Brevis. During your time with us, you will be expected to treasure, protect, and embody our behaviours and values:
• Empower people
• Protect our clients
• Challenge the old order
• Emotionally invest
This is an incredible opportunity for an entrepreneurial conveyancing paralegal to join a purpose-led company, and growing team poised for growth, to gain experience, and for career progression. If you can demonstrate that you also live these values, we would love to hear from you.
We place emphasis on ethics and people and it is important to us that you strongly identify with these and you are able to develop the company ethos.
We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are passionate about creating an inclusive environment in which all employees can thrive.
If you need any further assistance with your application, or require the application form in a different format, please contact email@example.com.
Please apply with both a CV and covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org