Head of Marketing / Senior Marketing Manager
- Employment type
- Full Time
- £55,000 - £75,000
You have the amazing opportunity to join a young, future-focused and dynamic conveyancing solicitor firm, committed to radically better, client-first conveyancing. Our purpose is to lay the foundations for the life people dream of and our vision is to be the UK’s leading, one-stop platform for buying, selling, and owning a home. You will be the first Marketing Team member to join the team, working alongside Head of Business Development and IT Director.
You’ll be integral to building the foundations of a young SME aiming for fast and ethical growth. You’ll have the opportunity to influence leadership decisions, and the opportunity to recruit and develop your own internal and external team. You’ll be empowered to introduce Brevis to the market, increase Brevis’ market share, and maximise revenues in support of our vision and purpose. You also strive for a better way of doing things, enabling clients to make confident decisions, safeguard their interests and challenge the old order.
You will also have the opportunity to collaborate with our Head of Business Development, Senior Solicitors, and IT Director to better align us with our clients, new ways of working and future needs.
• Lead, oversee, and deliver the development and execution of Brevis’ marketing strategy and plan
• Develop, lead, and coach the Brevis marketing team
• Strategic agility and proven ability to create effective short and long-term marketing plans
• Ensure our brand message is strong and consistent across all channels and marketing efforts
• Identify opportunities to reach new market segments and expand market share
• Conduct general market research to keep abreast of trends and competitor’s marketing movements
• Conduct target market research and analyse consumer behaviour
• Coordinate sales and marketing efforts to boost brand awareness
• Prepare and manage monthly, quarterly and annual budgets
• Participate in the quarterly and annual planning of company objectives
• Reports to: Head of Business Development
• Direct reports (to be hired): Digital Marketing Executive x 2, Social Media & Content Executive, and external agencies
The ideal candidate:
Our employees are talented people, striving for a better way of doing things, enabling clients to make confident decisions, safeguarding client interests and challenging the old order. They embrace team working and share a passion for client service. You will be able to demonstrate a similar supportive, progressive and ambitious ethos with the following experience and skills:
• 7+ years’ B2C marketing experience
• A comprehensive understanding of both brand and digital performance marketing, with a strong track-record in both
• Strong focus on quality client experience and customer journey
• The ability to manage all aspects of your workload, to tight deadlines
• Experience running successful campaigns
• Solid knowledge of web analytics
• Excellent commercial skills – has managed P&Ls
• Strong creative judgement and flair for creating advertising that is effective
• Proven ability to influence without authority
• Professional chartered marketer (CIM) is a plus and/or BSc/BA in business administration, marketing and communications or relevant field
What we offer:
• An attractive, modern office based in a Stevenage, with car-parking and only 8 minutes’ walk from the railway station, but also with opportunity for a mix of remote working and flexitime for great work/life balance
• 25 days holiday entitlement (plus bank holiday), increasing to 27 days after 2 years, and 30 days after 5 years
• Pension contribution matching 4%
• A pot for personal training and development
• Healthcare package
• Your choice of annual National Trust pass or professional cleaning service to tidy your home every fortnight
• £100 to choose items for the office to help shape into an environment you’ll love working in, including £25 for a new house plant
• We take well-being, mental health and equality seriously: member of Mindful Employer and The Living Wage Foundation; and regular well-being days, including a volunteering day off to use for good causes
• Opportunity to be part of a fast-growing, purpose-driven brand, with big growth plans.
Our behaviour and values:
How we work is just as important as the success we achieve at Brevis. During your time with us, you will be expected to treasure, protect, and embody our behaviours and values:
• Empower people
• Protect our clients
• Challenge the old order
• Emotionally invest
This is an incredible opportunity for an entrepreneurial marketer to join a purpose-led company, and growing team poised for growth, to gain experience, and for career progression. If you can demonstrate that you also live these values, we would love to hear from you.
We place emphasis on ethics and people and it is important to us that you strongly identify with these and you are able to develop the company ethos.
We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are passionate about creating an inclusive environment in which all employees can thrive.
If you need any further assistance with your application, or require the application form in a different format, please contact email@example.com
Please apply with both a CV and covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org